View Current & Past Members
We invite you to join a truly exceptional alumni club.
Since its inception in 1881, The Dartmouth Club of Greater San Francisco (DCGSF) has been planning a wide variety of events and activities, each designed to peak your interest, stimulate your curiosity, engage your intellect, expand your opportunities to have fun, and optimize your lifelong connection to Dartmouth. Activities include alumni seminars and other academic lectures, numerous social and networking opportunities, community service events, cultural activities, and an easy way to explore the best of northern California. Please visit Events for a sampling of our activities. The DCGSF member base is a highly diverse group with relevancy for all ages, backgrounds, and professions from the undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools of Dartmouth. Parents and significant others also play a key role in our membership.
As a dues-paying member, you will receive the following benefits and opportunities:
We rely on your support to sustain this organization. The DCGSF is self-funded.
- A significantly discounted membership price at Club events,
- Membership status extends to other bay area Dartmouth alumni clubs,
- Invitations to a number of free events,
- Notification of official College events held locally,
- Access to members-only events,
- Access to monthly newsletters and special event reminders,
- Notification of networking and social opportunities,
- Access to the online directory of other paid members,
- Opportunities to support our scholarship fund, Book Awards, and interviewing activities to strengthen the Dartmouth presence in greater San Francisco.
MEMBERSHIP CONTRIBUTION LEVELS
(Remember, all contributions to the DCGSF are tax-deductible!)
And remember, because the Club is changing its fiscal year, your membership will be good through June 30, 2013!
(Wheelock members and their guests receive free admission to one Club event)
(Allows partners & children to take advantage of membership rate at all events)
|Young Alum Member
(Undergrad Classes '07-'11)
|New Alumni/Current Students
(Undergrad Classes '12 and later)
* Wheelock and Occom Members receive free admission to various events throughout the year.
Any individual who has been connected for at least one academic year with any department of Dartmouth College, as a student, graduate student, instructor, or staff member is eligible for membership in the Club. In addition, parents of undergraduate or graduate students are strongly encouraged to join the Club both during and after their child's enrollment.
Additional Contribution Levels
In addition to dues, the DCGSF encourages you to support two important Club initiatives:
- The James Wright and Susan DeBevoise Wright Scholarship Fund
Established in 1968, and renamed in honor of President Jim Wright '64a and Susan DeBevoise Wright '69a, the fund grants need-based, endowed scholarships to promising financial aid recipients who originate from the greater Bay area. The DCGSF is currently raising funds for a fourth endowed scholarship.
- Book Award Fund
Every spring, Book Awards acknowledge the outstanding scholarly and extracurricular achievements of juniors at participating high schools in the San Francisco, Marin, and East Bay regions. Symbolic of the tradition referred to as "New Western Literature", the DCGSF awards A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean '24. Accompanying each book is a signature Dartmouth t-shirt.
Dues (and other donations) can be paid using PayPal™ or by mailing a check. Dues payments by cash or check are also accepted at any DCGSF event.
[Note: As a registered tax-exempt organization, the DCFSF now receives a substantial discount on all PayPal™ processing fees. You can pay your 2012-2013 dues using PayPal™ even if you are not a PayPal™ member. If PayPal™ does not allow you to pay as a non-PayPal™ member, you may need to clear your cache and cookies, or update your browser.]
To pay by check, simply download and complete the 2012 Membership Invoice (96kb, PDF). Mail it, along with your contribution, to:
Martha Gerhan '83, Vice President & Treasurer
Dartmouth Club of Greater San Francisco (DCGSF)
Post Office Box 178
San Francisco, CA 94104-0178
Go here To pay by PayPal™, and fill in the appropriate form fields to make your payment.
A few notes about your club dues:
- Club dues are tax-deductible!
- Club members receive discounts to certain events.
- Wheelock and Occom members receive free admission to various events throughout the year.
- Club dues are different from your class dues and cover separate things.
- Your club dues cover:
- The cost of mailing Club newsletters to local members,
- The cost to cover book awards to local high school students,
- Organizational expenses that enable the Club to plan monthly activities for members
The DCGSF would like to thank all past dues payers, and express special appreciation to all Wheelock, Occom, and Webster members for their extra financial support and devotion to the Club.